What is a Web APP
A Web-based App is thus an application that runs within a Web browser via the Internet. They can be used from any device with a browser (e.g., Google Chrome), such as computers, tablets, or smartphones, and require an Internet connection to work.
Web Applications are distinguished from Native APP, which are APPs developed exclusively with the libraries provided by their respective manufacturers.
Web Application Advantages
- Accessibility: can be used from any device with a web browser, without the need to install APPs on the device
- Automatic updates: updates are made server-side and are available to all users without the need to download new versions
- Reduced Costs: they are cheaper than native applications, both for development and deployment
- Ease of use: they are intuitive and easy to use, thanks to the cross-platform nature
- Security: being physically on remote servers, users sensitive data are protected by highly secure servers and firewalls